Dec 5, 2009

A cup of life


Its been a really long time since my last post . Thanks to my assignments , presentations , ever increasing sleep hours and alas finally here I am back again as always at my useless best....

Yet another wonderful day started off as I woke up at 9.30 a.m realising that I was a tad bit too late for my research methodology class which was at 8.45 (thanks for that , it was a wonderful day indeed )...Half asleep I monotonously took 'the hindu' as always cursing the dry contents for I missed the masala of Times of India . Something familiar caught my eyes . "CAT 2009 debacle ".....

Aaha ...not that I was remotely bothered by CAT 2009 but however the word cat was good enough to bring back good old memories of the MBA madness phase which I once went through ...those mock cats , those dreams about IIM which I had while I was teaching bankers how to select using the mouse (a part of my wrk ...ahem ahem...Of course I am an ever proud software engineer ) ,those endless application forms , CAT , NMAT, SNAP , XAT ....and those heart stopping moments before each and every results ......those unusual self-thy-named-invented diseases that I get a week before each and every GD call, for an off from work ..a loving boss who eventually forgot me in due course of time .... those 5 minute friendships before GD's ..."hey , I saw u at XYZ interview right " cliches ...those shouts across the gd hall as to why INDIAN economy was better than the Chinese...those why MBA questions...those oscar winning dialogues on how MBA was my calling and why ALWAYS I wanted to do an MBA ...those presentations blaring we r so and so ...those final converts ...those advising grandpas , mamis , mamas ..those "machan watha naan school poren ....ooooooooo...B SCHOOL " a la james bond style punch dialog...those obvious spits which followed the dialog...


and atlast a few dreams which shall always remain as dreams .......

I smiled ....

Kept smiling as I realised I had missed the second hour of the lecture too as the clock screamed 10 a.m....

But honestly , I didnt mind

I fell on my cot , pulled the bedsheet across my face and zzzzzzzz.....

A day well spent I thought as I slowly dozed off sincerely wishing I would be awake for the afternoon class....

As always few memories are worth recollecting...somewhere it makes you feel good and laugh at all those silly , stupid things we have done ..We might have really been worried about those so called mistakes we made that time ...But now , all thats history and gets stored under the "moments to smile " folder in your heart...so lets make mistakes , not be too harsh on ourselves , smile across each and every situation and take life as it comes with "Watha ...I love you , my dear life "(wish it was a wife instead !!!) attitude . Irrespective of the end , the journeys are always the best part . I know not everyone must be having the best times of their lives ...But its just a matter of time before things get back to being great and who knows the current situation might just be the one which would provide you with those evergreen amusing memories for ur entire life...

So no matter how much life screws you, do keep smiling and enjoy life...

4 comments:

  1. i totally agree..life screws us all,at some point of life!!!!
    nice!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm.. now i got the answer for my long time no entry into blogs.."Bunk the nxt RM class"
    but seriously dis is worth bunkin a RM class :P

    and i had a dream of havin dinner(havin paneer butter masala to be more accurate) with 'A walk to remember' hero n heroine durin CADM class bunk! worth more huh?? ;)

    //wish it was a wife instead !!!
    ATB!:P

    ReplyDelete
  3. @anonymous
    of course boss life does screw us all ...and when the screwing is inevitable its better to lay back and enjoy the screwing process !!!

    @anjidha
    lol...when it comes to bunking class any alternative is worth it ...A CADM class bunk is definitely a better deal :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could relate to this post. My morning saga is so similar to yours. Its so hard to get up in the morning. I can sit straight like an owl the entire night but waking up early is such a big ordeal for me.

    ReplyDelete