Mar 21, 2009

When do I ever get to shit !!!!!

You must be wondering 'What a weird and disgusting title ??'...and in case you thought it's going to be about my hour long struggles in the bathroom ...Oops...I m sorry...You guessed it wrong...


It was yet another normal boring Sunday evening , with nothing useful to do .Sitting in the century old rocking chair ( I bet they would have been a boon to the horror genre of Indian cinema) I was whiling away my time watching the people across the streets ...A small pani puri pavement shop , hordes of young guys surrounding it , "Anna , one more " you could hear them shout , an old lady with a 6 year old child who was all set to scurry across the road if not for the tight grip of her nanny on his hand , a beggar searching through the hordes of junk to find if there was something remotely edible to be found , the colorful young girls coming out of the tuition center with a smile and hugging a notebook , the 60+ walkers with fancy nighties and nike shoes huffing and panting with each step, and of course how could I forget the most integral members of my area , yup ,the 'theru naays'-the street dogs who were having fun playing their version of hide and seek with the innocent walkers ...what a visual delight...sometimes even the most mundane of activities seem interesting.
With such an idyllic setting drifting to my past was inevitable ...of course the tortoise coil was zooming in and out....

2007 , Jan 19th ....

At the corner of the room , I was resting against the pillow , listening to Mr A.R , thinking about someone special...Yes , I was in love ...Those phone calls which kept on prolonging though we promised it would be the last minute coz the bill was increasing , those secret letters , the moments spent just getting lost in her eyes , those cute nick names , the pleasure that u get on seeing her photo after taking it out from the hidden place which even the fbi would not have imagined in their wildest dreams, the days when the astrologer in you wakes just to give you a reason to hold her hands and say " You are going to settle with an aminjikarai local...you will have two kids ...blah blah...but ...but... finally you will be very happy" , those travels across the chennai traffic just to get a glimpse of her standing besides the window to wave a tata, the birthday surprises , those cute little gifts for which you spend an entire day just to make sure its not anything short of "FOR THE MOST SPECIAL PERSON OF YOUR LIFE" , those fights which you pray will end soon , those cozy couple seats at satyam , the cold coffees , the walk across the beach holding hands , the bike rides with steep bends across each turn, the heavenly bumpers and potholes of chennai roads (kudos to the Indian government for without them these journeys would have lost their sensuous appeal) , the scary movies which has the weirdest of sounds at every odd moment giving her a reason to hold on to me tightly while I relish the moment trying to bring out the man in me and say " Small gal...when compared to the horror flicks that I have seen these kinda horror movies actually make me laugh...lol "( thank god she didn't see my legs shivering ...building strong ana basement weaku ) ........Well it was heaven ....Too good to be true .....How I wished life were to just stay there and never move at all..But all good things come to an end ...And very true even this one didnt last long with work , location , higher studies and every other possible thing taking its toll on us...it was just temporary bliss ....just like how you feel when you fart...for the moment it feels great but however the uneasiness sets again....

Well ,I just had a fart but when do I get to shit.......

2006 , June 4th

Hordes of different faces carrying the same expression -anxiousness or nervousness whatever you like to call it...people were swarming around the entire campus carrying rs aggarwal and every other fancy title which has the word "quant" in it .. Seeing such a huge number of people in formals were a rare sight , especially in my college where dress code was the last thing we needed to be bothered about. Well if you still haven't guessed , it was the first day of placements and the company was TCS .

"Sir , you have got to sign the file ", requested the voice of the 20 year old dusky hottie in the office . The chair which was turned towards the other side suddenly turns towards the hottie and sitting in the chair wearing an armani suit and with legs crossed in the most stylish way , he just takes out his parker and casually signs it . He had just signed a 2 crore deal .... Well look closer ...what the fuck???? ...Ya I couldn't believe it ...I just opened my eyes wide and I saw the person sitting clearly...It was not "he" it was "me"...Yup , I was the one in the chair with the armani . "Well Shilpa , I would like you to meet me after the office at 5 ...we need to discuss a few things "...
"Sure Sir " she winked ...

thud ...something hit my head ...
"dai pannada , naan shilpa ellai naaan Ramaswamy ( useless fellow , I am not shilpa I am Ramaswamy )..the presentation is over come we have to take the aptitude test.. "......oh , holy shit ", I had been dreaming through the entire presentation..

An hour after that I was frantically clicking the answers on the screen vaguely trying to remember the options from the previous year paper as most of them were repeated .A few minutes later , the test came to an end with the SUBMIT button being clicked and the pop up message " Congrats you are selected for the interview "....Phew I was almost there....Just an interview to go.

"Motherfuckers , how long do they want us to wait .... macha I am too tensed that I am not even able to piss ...I need to get a fag " my friend shouted...It was the same story with everyone...the wait was long , in fact very long ranging from 6 hours for the luckier ones to 10 hours for the unluckier ones....

It was ten minutes past 12 , when the hr guy came to mike and requested us to assemble there..."Sorry for making you people wait...blah blah...( cut the crap...my head is gonna burst )
and the list of selected candidates are .....ram....rekha.................blah........blah (when is my name gonna come)....arun kumar r ....ya I heard it clearly ...oooooooooooo...I have been selected...no more eee ...no more respect to the poor staffs who were going to handle our last semster .. goodbye to R S AGGARWAL...ha ha...IF EVER THERE WAS GOD THEN THATS ME .........

well , maybe I really would meet Shilpa after the work...lol

A year and a half later ,
"hum , kissi gali jaa rahe hain " , atif was singing in the background...There I was wandering across the streets of Kolkatta trying desperately to find a home which would help me escape from the boredom of bench life and the "dont worry you will get a project" consolation from the pathetic HR's...It was three months and I was still in bench...

and , Shilpa had left a lot earlier ..........( a year back just after my dream had ended)

Well i realised that the feeling that I got when I got placed was just a fart..the uneasiness had set in again....

I just had a fart but when do I ever get to shit.......


In life there are lot of moments which are wonderful , and you yearn to relive those moments . The perceptions do tend to change..What was supposed to be your dream job might just turn out to be your worst nightmare , what was supposed to be days spent with your sweety-pie might just about dissapear with work taking its toll on both..and the list is endless..but however these moments are always fresh and tend to live forever in our hearts ...and the most important thing is to savor the moment for what it has to offer at that point of time...you get to fart ... There are lot of moments that life offers, teaching us the ecstasy of joy and the pains of suffering... and truly when do we get to shit rather than fart ....I guess its when we learn to realize that life is going to be full of ups and downs , learn to live for the moment and enjoy the highs and lows taking all of it in a stride along the beautiful journey called life...Well maybe, one day I will truly be able to relish life irrespective of what it has to offer...

And maybe I get to shit too...............



3 comments:

  1. An annoying title but a simply superb concept of life expressed in a stylish way.
    Too gud da!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Machan jus started readin ur blogs!!
    Chance e illa po. This one is jus too good n true.
    Hopin to c more of such stuff in ur other blogs.

    ReplyDelete